The Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance (CNCA) is a collaboration of leading global cities working to achieve carbon neutrality in the next 10-20 years – the most aggressive GHG reduction targets undertaken anywhere by any city.
While it is possible for cities to achieve their interim carbon reduction targets through incremental improvements to existing systems, achieving carbon neutrality requires radical, transformative changes to core city systems.
CNCA’s mission is to mobilize transformative climate action in cities in order to achieve prosperity, social equity, resilience and better quality of life for all on a thriving planet.
Our Commitment to Climate Justice
CNCA is committed to a just carbon neutral future that recognizes and redresses the disproportionate burdens and the disproportionate benefits of the fossil fuel economy by prioritizing climate action that advances the well-being of low-income people, Indigenous Peoples, communities of color, immigrants and refugees and other historically marginalized communities.
Click here for CNCA’s full Climate Justice Statement.
CNCA mobilizes transformative, game-changing climate action through the following seven strategic focus areas:
- Funding transformative climate action to mobilize the development, adoption and implementation of game-changing climate policies in cities.
- Exerting collective influence on and advocate for policies from other decision-makers to reduce emissions not directly controlled by cities.
- Advancing methodologies, standards and governance tools for carbon neutrality planning, implementation, impact measurement and continuous improvement.
- Fostering peer learning among climate vanguard cities, so they can learn from each other and go further and faster together.
- Cultivating transformational leadership so city sustainability directors can excel in their roles as change-makers.
- Helping cities communicate more effectively to advance their carbon neutrality work.
- Prioritizing a just carbon neutral future by integrating climate justice into ambitious climate action.
Donate to CNCA via The Crowd